July 29, 2011 – Colosseum at Caesars Casino, Windsor, Canada

Please help us to fill this page by uploading photos, videos, articles etc. of this show. Please send your item(s) to showmania[at]theteaparty.de

Setlist
Click here to open/close setlist»

Live review:

10. Save Me
11. Release
12. Temptation
13. Sister Awake

The Tea Party’s sound still fresh in homecoming
By Ted Shaw, The Windsor Star July 30, 2011

The Tea Party was a little late for its homecoming party on Friday but, after six years, a 15-minute wait was nothing.

The Windsor rock trio made a triumphant return with a 90-minute show of some of their signature songs at Caesars Windsor Colosseum.

Jeff Martin, looking trim and not a day older than when the band was in its heyday in the mid-to-late 1990s, launched right into Writing’s on the Wall.

No fanfare. Just a resolve on each of the band members’ faces.

Ironically, Writing’s on the Wall was the band’s last hit before it disbanded in 2005. This time, there’s a strong sense that the writing on the wall will spell good times for The Tea Party.

Performing before a not-quite sold out audience of about 4,500, the band didn’t disappoint with a dynamic display of raw rock power on such favourites as The Bazaar, Psychopomp, Fire in the Head, Release and Temptation.

The acoustic blues of Sun’s Going Down was the highlight, with Martin on the slide and Stuart Chatwood hammering away on rhythm guitar.

The Tea Party is a shared collective. Martin is the undisputed frontman, growling into the microphone with his Jim Morrison-like vocals. Chatwood, the second left-handed bass player to play this area in the last week (Paul McCartney was the last), supplies the sonic effects and throbbing lines underneath.

Drummer Jeff Burrows is the stick that stirs the drink, his intricate work in the background sending the music into the stratosphere. This was what Windsor was waiting for. The music sounded as fresh as when the band first hit the international stage in the early-1990s.

As the last electric chords of Sister Awake faded into the night, the band’s fans left hoping there’s more to come in the coming weeks and months.

13 Responses to July 29, 2011 – Colosseum at Caesars Casino, Windsor, Canada

1. Shonie De La Rosa says:

Dayum……that’s some serious lighting…. Would have been better if the guy doing the lights actually knew the songs and choreograph them better. Still looked like a hell of a show.

Short show, jacked voice, rehearsed, no Correspondences, no River, going through the motions, or what ever anyone else has to bitch about….I’m just phuckin glad they are back together. I really hope to hear some new stuff (album) from them someday soon.

2. Russell says:

Great show, nice to see TTP get the rockstar treatment in terms of prodution value. I really though they were going to bring everything to this show. It’s been my 4th show this month and I had such high expectations to hear the River here (been to Peterborough, Sarnia, Toronto, and now Windsor… All didn’t get the River treatment…). What makes Montreal and Ottawa so special anyways?? Hah, I kid… But srsly! Bring the River to Hamilton boys! You play it in Levis and I riot!

3. eric says:

No Correspondences and no river? That sucks ! :-(

4. dave says:

Too short, only 1.5 hrs. Thought it would be longer for a “home coming” or playing something different from the past few shows. Jeff’s voice just isn’t what it used to be with the high notes and the power screams. Either damaged chords from rehearsals or age…..I’m wondering if they had to be off at a certain time – union issues at the venue…..no river, correspondences, etc…..went on 15 min late – there’s 2 songs worth. Having said all that, great to see the guys again. Hope it keeps going, with new stuff.

• Paul says:

Agree Dave… Show seemed to be to rehearsed, just going through the motions. Seen Mr. Martin three times in the past year (TO, London, Windsor) and wasn’t to impressed with this show. No emotion and every time he spoke it was the same words he used at all the other shows on this tour.

• Chimera says:

I disagree. I’ve seen the Tea Party over 20 times in the last 15 years and Jeff Martin tells the same stories again and again, and again. I can’t tell you how many times he’s introduced Temptation by saying, “There’s been a lot of rumours about me over the years, but never believe that I’ve led you into temptation.” Or “now we’d like to lead you into a little thing we call temptation.” It was the same old same old, but it was still good to hear after so long.

5. Mandy Kubik says:

Incredible show! A long-time dream fulfilled and my expectations were exceeded. I’m also quite excited to see that the photos I submitted were of use! (Last 9 photos above were taken with my iPhone). Thank you and I can’t wait until next time! The best part? It’s now official that there will be a next time!

Much love!

6. Jeremy Dobry says:

The band picked up right where they left off so many years ago. Its like a day has not passed. The light show was impressive too. Definitely the most elaborate stage setup I’ve seen from The Tea Party. Paint it black, Last Goodbye & Winter Solsitce were also played.

• Marco says:

No Correspondences? That sucks!

• Jeremy Dobry says:

Alas, no Correspondences. But Sun Going Down was a treat. Of the dozen times I’ve seen the band that was a first hearing that one. Take what you can get. I never thought I’d hear them ever again so, s’cool.

7. Barbara Luoma says:

Looking forward to seeing you @ Caesars. My casino host gifted me tickets which was awesomely nice. See you there in two days! (;

8. Serena Strauss-Leboeuf says:

I have since moved from Bruce Grey County……….Owen Sound Way and now reside outside of Windsor! I am near your roots! I will be making my way to the show at the CASINO!!!!! \\ m //